About the project
The LogistEC project aims to develop new or improved technologies of the biomass logistics chains. Cost-efficient, environmental-friendly and socially sustainable biomass supply chains are needed to achieve the 2020 EU RES targets that might be impeded by the potential scarcity of lignocellulosic biomass from agriculture.
Main project deliverables
- Innovative cropping systems to enhance the sustainability of feedstock production.
- Adaptations of agricultural machinery for cost-efficient biomass harvesting and handling.
- Characterization of new pre-treatment technologies to densify biomass prior to transport.
- Optimization of supply-chain transport logistics and sustainability assessment.
- Demonstration of improved process operations for all the steps from harvesting to transport at pilot scale.
- Visit and Technical Meeting- Miscanthus Pelletization
- Perennial Biomass Crops for a Resource Constrained World
- Workshop on energy crops in Central and Eastern Europe, Warsaw Poland
- Final joint event of INFRES, EUROPRUNING and LOGISTEC
- Results of Joint Workshop at Valladolid by Europrunning